Discussion and debate about Oxygen’s new reality show, “Preachers of L.A.”, hasn’t quieted much since the network announced the show. Four or so episodes in and people are still talking about it—and still polarized in opinion.

A fresh wave of internet hysteria stirred last week when the six preachers appeared on Arsenio Hall’s late night talk show to promote the series. (By the way, who thought it was a good idea to put Arsenio back on television?!) One segment of the show aroused a lot of disdain—the “preach off.”

In my opinion, such PR stops and stunts are really commercials for much that’s wrong with the church.

What’s wrong with this? Let me count some ways in the form of five reflection questions:

1. Did we hear a gospel presentation clear enough and full enough to save a sinner? If you’re a gospel preacher and you have 30 seconds with a studio and a national audience, seems you should pretty quickly get to Jesus Christ crucified, buried and resurrected for sinners, calling all men everywhere to repent and believe for eternal life. See, it’s not that hard. We just gave the outline in one sentence. The preacher should give more than an outline; he should preach the basics of the gospel in such a way that a person has a reasonable chance to hear the truth that and receive life. In my opinion, he should at least try to do that every time. If we fear the terrors of wrath and hell, we have to make the path to life clear if we do nothing else.

2. Do we think this honors or mocks preaching? It seems to me this 5-minute segment takes one of the most profound privileges available and reduces it to a comedy sketch. It’s a mockery of preaching and preachers. And it’s a mockery of the men who “performed” in this “preach off.” The men show little respect for the office and little respect for themselves. A good friend, a Christian rapper, was once asked to rap for a handful of people as he passed them one evening. They were thinking, “it would be cool and fun to have him rap a little.” He refused and pointed out that this was his craft, his art, and his livelihood. He refused to allow something he valued so highly to be portrayed so lowly. I wish these men would have thought differently about whether this befits gospel preaching and the gospel preacher. Even when Noel Jones tried to appear thoughtful, he was swallowed up in the shallow “play” of it all.

3. Do we think saying true things amounts to preaching the Truth? I hear a lot of preaching where men say true things, even biblical things, but fail to get to the Way, the Truth, and the Life. It’s a real problem. And because men say things that are true and never say anything heretical, people leave thinking they’ve actually heard the scripture or heard the gospel. It’s not wickedness, but it is a weakness in the church. Yes, “God delivers” and “brings us through” and “can change us.” But how? Only through the Person and work of His Son and the divine operations of His Spirit. Preaching a partial truth as if it is the whole truth makes it a complete untruth.

4. Do we think these comments were largely centered on man or God? Despite the frequent God-talk included in the little sermonettes, we’re still introduced to God only in relation to our problems. The message is, “I can be a better me.” I may need God to do it, but I’m the central player on this stage. Life is about me. God exists to address my felt needs. I’m not made to kiss the Son; He is made to serve me. I’m not told about the matchless glory of God. I’m not called to anything higher than my own ambition for a better life. Though I am told God will change me, apart from pursuing the glory of God such change still leaves me a pauper living for my own meager fame rather than the expansive, world-conquering honor of the Son.

“I’m not made to kiss the Son; He is made to serve me.”

5. Did we see earnest appeals for repentance and faith or feigned showmanship and entertainment? Consider the posturing. See how they speak into the camera. See how they try to be clever and try to entertain. Then consider that in the live television audience and watching over the air waves were real sinners on the way to a real hell unless they hear the real good news and are really saved. Knowing the terrors of God at least one of these men should have been pleading with the people to repent, believe and escape the coming wrath of God. Instead: smiles, nursery rhymes, cute phrases, promises for this life only. Showmanship. Few things could be less appropriate for a professing gospel preacher. We need bone-deep earnestness from our preachers. We need it bad.

If we’ve had any discipleship, chances are we’ve been taught an “elevator speech” form of the gospel. We’ve had someone to challenge us to develop a succinct presentation that we might share with someone we only have a few brief moments with. What might a clear gospel pitch that honored the role of preaching have looked like in a 30-second preach off on Arsenio? There are a number of ways to skin that cat, but here’s one take (in one take without edits to be fair):

Life is not a reality TV show. And this is not entertainment. Forget that this is the Arsenio Hall show. What I’m telling you ain’t no joke. It’s life or death—eternally.

If we’re going to keep it real, every one of us must admit that he/she is a sinner. We sin against the God who made us and we deserve His judgment. We deserve hell. Our conscience tells us so.

But as real as our sin is, the love of God is so much more. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” We rebel, but Jesus redeems. We sin, but Jesus saves. We trespass against God’s commands, but Jesus triumphs over our sin. He does this by: (1) living the obedient life that we could not and would not, and (2) paying the penalty of our sins by being judged and dying in our place. Jesus lived a perfect life and died the sinner’s death. And on the third day God raised Him from the dead to prove He accepted His sacrifice on our behalf.

Now, God calls you—every one of you—to turn from your sin and believe in Jesus. That’s the only escape from God’s wrath.

I think I would have been buzzed at “every man must repent….” It’s tough to do this well in 30 seconds. But if we’re going to be the “men of God” in these forums, we need to master this. And the truth be told, we’ll all have that 30 seconds with someone to “get it in” before the moment passes. We won’t have television cameras in front of us—only all of heaven cheering us on. So we need to be ready. Let us pray that our preachers—and every Christian—would: (1) make the gospel clear; (2) honor the office; (3) get to Jesus; (4) focus us on God; and (5) earnestly call sinners to repentance and faith.

Thabiti M Anyabwile

Thabiti M Anyabwile

Thabiti is one of the pastors of Anacostia River Church in Washington, DC and the president of The Crete Collective. He is the author of several books and as an introvert enjoys quiet things at home.

• Avatar Christoph says:

That 30 second elevator speech of the Gospel used to terrify me, as did all witnessing. 🙂
    Now, though, being able to articulate the Gospel in 30 (-ish) seconds, leaving out everything but the very essentials, is balm to my soul, because every single aspect of that concentrated good news is a jump off point for further meditation. I can preach it to myself every day!

When I feel down and low, I can meditate on how Jesus took my place and I am blameless and righteous in His sight, because of His finished work at the cross!

When I am proud and lifted high in my own eyes, I can meditate on how pathetic and helpless a sinner I am, in need of much grace; and not stop there, but go on and realize that I am given that grace freely by a God who condescended to my level to lift me up to His! It is medicine for this sick man.

Thanks for posting brother!

• Avatar Christoph says:

Also, just noticed there is no author information on this article. Who are you?! Pulling a Hebrews??

• Avatar Ritetheology says:

I think we need to take a chill pill. Folks have we forgotten this is entertainment and not “Lectures to my students”. If one is looking for The Gospel, sound doctrine, preaching tips, etc., “Preachers of LA” is the wrong place. This is TV not the “Shepherds Conference”

• Avatar Warner Aldridge says:

Amen. Thats all I can say. It’s truly saddening to me to see the name of Jesus profited from like this. All I can say is PREACHERS OF THE FRONT PORCH we need a conference that addresses these issues. Mr. Anyabwile, Mr. Carter ????????????

• Avatar Georgetta Carvin says:

Ritetheology, I think we have failed to see how destructive this show regardless if its a entertainment. The men themselves should be embarrassed of how they are representing God and His Word. They would do well to read the Pastoral Rule Book by St. Gregory the Great.

• Avatar Matthew Marshall says:

“For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.” Paul foresaw all of this, because he had seen it all before in the scriptures. 1 Kings (along with much of the OT) recounts numerous situations in which Israel and Judah departed from the LORD; choosing to follow after false prophets and false idols into destruction. But, praise the LORD that He sent the “man of God” to call His people back. Brother Anyabwile, I’m thankful for men like you who are serving as present day Elijah’s, and it is my daily prayer that God would continue to raise up more men who would humbly guide the lost sheep of the world back to the Good Shepherd who has laid down His life for them. Thank you for the constant encouragement you are to the work God is doing in our congregation, though we don’t yet know one another, but the Spirit that is at work in you is also at work in us. What a privilege it is to serve the Almighty! It’s a shame that these “preachers” don’t seem to recognize that.

• Avatar trueanglican says:

Given that they had thirty seconds. I thought they did a great job. When did they christain church become so petty? It like the disiples wanting to rain fire down on other people preaching the gospel. How about thanking God that they had a forum to present the Gospel to a national audience!

• Avatar Christoph says:

Sorry, the above comment is mine. At the time of its posting, no author information was available. I deleted it when, as expected, author information was added. However, it just became anonymous, not deleted, and looks very much out of place. Boo.

• Avatar Matthew Marshall says:

trueanglican, the issue highlighted in this article is that they did not actually “present the Gospel.” They instead presented half-truths. This is precisely the tactic used by Satan when he tempted Jesus in the wilderness. However, in an attempt to approach this in a positive way, in the same way Apollos humbled himself before Priscilla and Aquila in order to learn “the way of God more accurately,” as we could say he only knew and was communicating half the story prior to that; these men should (as should we all) be willing to listen to warnings and encouragement from other godly brothers and sisters in order to more faithfully present the whole gospel message.

However, another issue at play here is that these men are supposed to be seasoned communicators of the gospel. So, many would say that they should know better than to be drawn into a “preach off” on the Arsenio Hall show, and further more they should at the very least give a thoughtful and faithful presentation of the full gospel message.

• Avatar Ritetheology says:

Again, I don’t quite get the furor over this TV Show. This is like a group of oceanographers watching “Sponge Bob” and being disappointed that they’re not learning the truth of Oceanography. Come on yall did we really expect this show to be more than it is. Were we really sitting on the edge of our sits thinking to ourselves, “finally, a show that gets the Gospel right”. While there is much to criticize, this show has some plusses. One of those is Pastor Ron Gibson’s ministry to Compton street gangs. How many ministers do you know who are in the face of Crips and Bloods? In this dispensation of conferences ad nauseam, may God raise up more men who are taking Him to the streets (I feel the spirit of the Doobies comin on). OK everyone repeat after me, it’s secular TV, It’s secular TV.

• When I saw this, it angered me and grieved me simultaneously. It made an utter and complete mockery of the high calling of preaching the Word. God works through His Word and preaching is ordained by Him as a means of grace to His people. Not only that, but to have a preach-off??? A preaching competition? Foolishness. It seemed to be all a show. 2 Tim 3:1-9 comes to mind.

I am so so thankful to those, such as yourselves, such as my pastor, and other Godly men who are faithful to preach God’s Word.

• Avatar Ronnie says:

Ritetheology!
    What a cool handle.
    Anyway, I feel like you might have missed the main point of the article – the title of this article began with “illustrating much that is wrong with the church”. I don’t think any of us expected much from the show, although I’m sure many us really hoped for better for the sake of the faith.
    The issue being discussed here is that examination of this “preach off” can give us a framework for evaluating sermons that we are giving or listening to.
    The “in 30 seconds or less” challenge encourages the preacher to consider what is fundamental to what needs to be told.
    I don’t think anyone is saying that faithful Christians should respond with a furor to this show, although expressing our sadness would most likely be appropriate. However, discussion surrounding what could the 30 seconds have been used for generates healthy and useful discourse regarding the nature, purpose and quality of preaching. The question “what would you have said?” begs us to examine our hearts and find what we understand to be most important in our understanding of God, who he is and who we are.
    PT offers us prompting questions for this discussion.
    As congregates we have so much power to improve the quality of teaching in the church. By not accepting whatever is delivered, but lovingly pursuing our leaders to be faithful preachers of the word, centered on Christ’s work on the cross and the wonderful glory of God shown through this work. We cannot do this if we are not ready to examine the work of preaching and our own understanding of the faith and this article gives, I believe, a good start for thinking about it.

• Avatar Thabiti says:

Bro. Warner (and all),
    Would you come?
    T-

• Avatar Warner Aldridge says:

Im all in for it let’s do it. My wife and I would would definitely come. This is so needed. Strange Fire was needed and so is this. True shepherds warns the flock of wolves.

• Avatar Warner Aldridge says:

We need to get involved call up Pastor Ken Carter and Voddie Baucham and the others lets do it. Pastor Thabiti whatever I can do to help.

• Avatar Ritetheology says:

Hey Brother Ronnie, thanks for the compliment. My comments were more so in response to the commentators -vs- the Article per se. Based on the comments that I read, people have made a mountain out of a mole hill in my opinion. This is a secular, I repeat “secular” TV show so what else should one expect. Had this been a production of Dallas Theological Seminary then I might of had some concerns. Now to your point, If I could edit the title of this article I would add, “Illustrating much that is wrong with CERTAIN SEGMENTS of the church”. This show DOES NOT represent all things Christian. All of these men come from either a word of faith/Charismatic context which in my opinion is wrought with problems. This “preach off” was not about content, it was about style. These men were not trying to educate rather they were trying to ENTERTAIN, 30 secs is not a lot of time to “Teach”. Ronnie I think you would agree, we shouldn’t take our preaching cues from a secular TV show nor should we judge these men on 30 secs. If all communicators were judged on 30 secs, we would all fail miserably. I think this article is an excellent encouragement for evaluating our Sunday morning local church experiences, but not so good at evaluating a secular TV show. This article was like killing a fly with a baseball bat (wrong context).

Appreciate the interaction
    RT

• My husband I would definitely be interested for sure!

• Avatar Thabiti says:

Hey man,

Just FYI: Ronnie is a woman.

Carry on. We’re listening on the porch.

T-

• Avatar Thabiti says:

Appreciate your support and willingness to serve, bro! We just may take you up on it 😉
    T-

• Avatar Ritetheology says:

Dear “Sister” Ronnie I apologize for the gender mixup. Bro. Thabiti set me straight.
    Blessings
    RT

• Avatar Black Arrow says:

one reason why this won’t happen, white Reformed folk won’t go for it…a conference on the needs of the black church (that’s the purpose of the Front Porch right?)?? …really?? the overwhelming response from the Reformed community will be “we don’t have a conference focused on the needs of ‘the white church'” lol!

• Avatar Thabiti says:

Black Arrow,
    Oh, yea, of little faith ;-). Besides, what does the “white Reformed folk” have to do with it? We’re not asking anyone’s permission. We’re happy to have their prayers and support, would be welcoming to any of our brothers and sisters outside the AA community who attend, but it doesn’t depend on them in any way.
    T-

• Avatar Ronnie says:

No worries! How could you know? 🙂
    I can only guess at what PT was aiming at in the title – he said “much” that is wrong not everything.
    I don’t think we really disagree you know! LOL. I wouldn’t judge the whole church on this show, absolutely not. Again I understand it is secular – and at this point I oaught to add I have never watched it and neither can I as we don’t have a TV in our house. So I’m not really thinking about the show in my thoughts listed above. I’m thinking about what we think about preaching, what is the priority, what a 30 second preach can show us about our own hearts and those of our preachers, what would I expect my pastor to say if a reporter rushed him on the street and asked him to do a 30 second preach.
    Never having seen the show, I would like to say one other thing. It does matter how pastors in the media behave. It does. They claim to be part of the body of Christ, therefore representatives of his Church and Him. How they behave in front of unbelievers and the believers in their congregation is extremely important, and so is what they say and don’t say. My understanding is that the preachers have had this nation wide tv opportunity to spread the gospel to everyone listening but they didn’t. They are leaders in their churches and didn’t think the gospel was the most important thing to share. If this being the case, I say for shame, and for shame again. So I’m not going to take a chill pill about it. 🙂 I am sad about it, it concerns me, it brings me to prayer for them. I really think that we should be on guard against a nonchalant attitude, on guard against a judging (read condemning) one also, and at all times be in prayer for the church.
    I would urge you, Ritetheology, to consider if this is something that we oaught be concerned about, not losing our heads over, but concerned, saddened, prayerful and wishing it weren’t so.

• Avatar Ritetheology says:

Sis Ronnie, I appreciate all that you have said. BUT with all due respect, before we can be critical we must have seen the evidence. Watch the show. Ive seen every episode and I like the show and I like the preachers. I may not have Total theological agreement with these guys but I believe they love Jesus. I know you have a computor, therefore watch the show on Hulu. Once you’ve seen it, then we can talk. There was nothing wrong with this “preach off”. Honestly I think it a bit disingenuous for us to hold these men to a standard that we dont keep ourselves. I KNOW that everytime we are given an opportunity to speak we dont preach the Gospel. But is that wrong? We must evaluate these brothers’ entire ministry not just 2.5 minutes.

• Avatar Ronnie says:

Hi!
    Well, having been introduced to the world of Hulu and having seen about 4 episodes, I hope I can now have the liberty of being informed to comment!
    You know I’m not really willing to engage in a “are they saved” type conversation; I don’t even think I can evaluate their entire ministry on the basis of this show, the editing booth being what it is.
    I wonder what was the preachers motivation in doing it. I honestly can’t tell from the show.
    It’s not like everything they say is terrible, which, quite frankly, I’m relieved about. You’ve a got a wife encouraging her husband to seek to reconcile one to one, another fiancée advising her husband to be to be humble, a Pastor openly trying to work the situation of a person wanting to come back to the church after a sex change and trying to be loving and honest and truthful to God.
    But when I think about my Pastor and Elders and then think about these guys, gosh, they are a million miles apart. Not just stylistically or theologically but just at a very how should we conduct ourselves’ level.
    The bible in both descriptions of Elders in 1 Timothy and Titus starts with that they must be above reproach or blameless. One is desiring to cohabit with his fiancée and trying to convince her to do so before they get married and she has to be the strong one, one is blatantly stringing a female friend along for 16 years in a friendship which offers the hope of marriage (through intimacy) on the horizon but constantly withholds it. At least three are them are so wealthy they stand the risk of being lovers of money.
    You spoke of Pastor Gibson going into the poorer areas to speak to gang members and in the first few episodes it shows him doing so and apparently “bringing” a couple of guys to know Christ. It is good that he wants to and does go. But what does he actually achieve, they repeat a prayer , he buys them some shoes and teaches them to walk like a gentleman. Again, I know editing may have edited out. But I’ve got to be honest if you had filmed the people witnessing to me as an atheist five years ago, even in it’s entirety you would never would have seen an Elder taking me to a shop to buy me an item of clothing because now I’m a Christian and I have to go to church with that item.
    When the Pastors got together they argued, and one guy walked out. They allow the cameras to film mentoring situations and then do it badly. I have yet to hear anyone say anything substantial about Jesus. When one Pastor “ministered” to a woman in a park he offered her no substantial hope. It was such an amazing opportunity for the women and he what he offered was like a green salad to a starving woman, not the bread of life.
    You asked me to watch and this is what I saw.
    You said you like the preachers. What do you like about them? Would you go to their churches? Would you put yourself under their leadership?
    In my church we try to lift our Elders up and encourage them, but we also hold them to a high standard, a standard befitting the office they hold, and praise God they hold themselves to that high standard too.
    We are off topic from the blog but I honestly find these men unqualified for the office they hold.

• Avatar Ritetheology says:

Hey Sis Ronnie, Thanks for watching. You now can argue from context rather than conjecture. Oftentimes we Evangelicals major on conjecture. You asked me..” What do you like about them? Would you go to their churches? Would you put yourself under their leadership? I like them because they come off as likable. Before this show I had my share of conjectures about some of these men’s ministry but the show has helped me see them in a different light. No, I probably would not become a member of their churches with the exception of possibly Pastor Wayne Chaney because I don’t support Pentecostal/Charismatic Theology. But their theology doesn’t preclude them from the Kingdom (though I question Bishop Noel Jones). I agree let’s stay on point. This article is entitled, “Illustrating much that wrong with the church…” But to be fair, this show also Illustrates much that RIGHT with the church also wouldn’t you agree? Ronnie I’m grateful for these men being in L.A. because LA is different because of them. Wasn’t it in the Gospels when 2 of Jesus disciples wanted to reign down Hell on some others who were doing “it” differently. I believe Jesus rebuked them for that. I think we’re using PofLA as a scapegoat. There are some current illustrations of much that is wrong with the church that we dont want to talk about. For example take the “Gospel Coalition” or T4G. These are 2 nationwide conferences that claim to be Gospel centered that feature practically all “White Christians” Now here’s what’s wrong with the church but why don’t we put these ministries on front street, somehow they get a pass but we get up in arms about a TV show. Hmmm!!!

• Avatar Ronnie says:

Hi Ritetheology!
    You know I guess I read “like” to mean “approve of” is that correct or do just mean like?
    Hey listen, I can’t say whether or not these men are faithful Christians, I don’t know them fully, so I’m not going to. All my points were to the question of whether is behavior was befitting an elder of the church under the descriptions given to us by God’s word. The show is very watchable, and it is easy to be entertain by it, and all the way through I had to remind myself, Ronnie these are leaders of the church, how would you feel if this was your leader? (Outside of any theological differences.)
    I think I understand you, you glad for the men being there, for carrying on the church, for trying to do God’s work. Is that right? I don’t know; it’s a good question – which is better no church, or a church with a unqualified leader? I think there is a secret third answer here and it comes in the role of the congregate and elders. They have a responsibility to hold their leaders to account.
    Really Pastor Chaney – even though he would appoint his wife a Pastor, against the feelings of his church staff and the teachings of the bible regarding the role of women in the church?
    You are going to have to dig up that scripture reference for me because it is not ringing any bells.
    I agree it is not all bad, really I do. But it is a long shot from “good”.
    I’ll talk about T4G and Gospel Coalition with you. Is your issue that the conference is mainly led by white folks or attended by white folks or both? What kind of solution are you looking for? What is it about it that makes you feel it is something wrong in the church?
    My husband has attended both conferences, and he did laugh about being one of a few black people there, but it didn’t stop him from enjoying the conference, benefitting from the teaching, etc. So I’m curious, what are you concerned about with these two organisations?

• Avatar Ritetheology says:

Hey Sis Ronnie, I know you are getting sick of me. Yes for me in this context “Like” means “like” and NOT “approve of” necessarily. These are likable guys. Minister Haddon has stepped down from the pulpit because he feels his situation is not conducive to being a pastor, i find this commendable. So again, there are things in this show that DO illustrate what’s RIGHT with the church. This is why I think the article is mis-titled. Okay, i get it, If someone has a problem with “Preachers of L.A.” I get it. But the PofLA should not be the ONLY target of our criticism. The big box conferences, T4G, Gospel Coalition, Shepherds Conf, etc in my opinion ALSO illustrate what’s wrong with the Church. You ask, in what way does this illustrate what’s wrong with the church? They (the conferences) unwittingly convey to the evangelical world at large that these important issues can only be handled by “white guys” who somehow have all their crap (not the word I wanted to use) together. We criticize black urban preachers for a “preach off” but say NOTHING when white guys go it alone in the name of the Gospel. Listen Sis Ronnie putting these conf’s together requires some kind of forethought, plenary speakers don’t just get thrown together. You know “black arrow” is right, if we black folk did a nationwide conf we we’d get talked about like dogs.

• Avatar Ronnie says:

HI again!
    I agree re Minister Haddon, I just wish his repentance had looked more like trying to figure things out with his first wife than getting another woman pregnant. But what’s done is done. I pray that he would find a role model to mentor him and help him to follow the word of God. He stated on the show that he felt that spreading the Gospel was what it was all about and that the money etc was just nothing – I hope that sticks with him and he throws off the company of men who seem to be more lovers of money and status than anything else.
    Ok, big box conferences.
    I refuse to speculate about the hearts of men that I do not know, I would be cautious about doing it even if I did. Instead, I will look at some information that is available:
    T4G this year:
    plenary sessions speakers 1 out of 7 is AA
    Breakout sessions: 2 out of 14/15 is AA
    Planning team: 1 out of 4-6 is AA
    Gospel Coalition council
    6/7 out of 50 is AA
    Percentage of US citizens that are AA = 12.6% (2010)
    So I would say that at least the percentage of AA in the delivery and planning of these organisations/events at least is representative of the US demographics.
    It’s shame more of the AA community don’t attend. The stats on attendance are clearly not representative. I think the writer of this article might argue it was because of a decline in biblical theology in AA church (in fact he may have written a book about it :-).
    So I’m not sure I can agree that these conferences give the message that white folk are the only one’s that have it all together, given the stats. I certainly would be interested to know why more of the AA community don’t attend.
    Is it a perception issue? Is a theological difference issue? Is it more simply a marketing and advertising issue? Do conference organisers need to be more intentional in engaging non-white congregations in attendance? (I don’t have any idea how intentional they are right now.) But gosh that would be a difficult thing to do without coming across all colonial poor little children let us save you from your barbaric infantile ways.
    However, sorry to be obvious here but there needs to be more young African-American guys engaged in knowing the Word, living out the faith, following Christ, loving his people, seeking to be men who are qualified to be Elders, lifting up holy hands in prayer to one true God, united with all God people in a love for Christ that could be nothing but a humble inspiration for all persons of the same background to know God better, to love His Word, understand it fully and follow His Son forsaking all for the sake of the Gospel.
    Trust in the Lord. These conferences speak truth to God’s people, that is no bad thing. Pray for fruit in the black church. He is faithful to listen. Follow Christ and pick up your cross daily. Think about attending T4G, you won’t be disappointed.
    FYI Not sick of you, but in my husband and mine’s house, using the word c.r.a.p is something that incurs a stern look and a washing out of mouth with soap and water. 🙂

• Avatar Ritetheology says:

Dear Sis Ronnie you are a joy. Thank you for the delightful interchange. I pray you and your hubby mucho blessing as yall continue to seek His face.
    In His grip,
    RT

• Avatar Kofi Adu-Boahen says:

The activity of preaching is not a performance art. This was desecrating a sacred charge – on national TV….