Thabiti, a native of Lexington, NC, serves as a Pastor of Anacostia River Church. He is the happy husband of Kristie and the adoring father of two daughters and one son. He served previously as the Senior Pastor of First Baptist Church of Grand Cayman for seven years, an elder/assistant pastor at Capitol Hill Baptist Church in Washington, DC, and as an elder at Church on the Rock in Raleigh, NC. Thabiti holds B.S. and M.S. degrees in psychology from North Carolina State University. A former high school basketball coach and bookstore owner, he enjoys preaching, reading, sports, and watching sci-fi films.
Thabiti has written several books, including:
- “What Is a Healthy Church Member?” (Crossway, 2008).
- “The Faithful Preacher: Recapturing the Vision of Three Pioneering African American Pastors” (Crossway, 2007).
- “The Decline of African American Theology: From Biblical Faith to Cultural Captivity” (IVP, 2007).
Louis C. Love Jr.
Born and raised in South Bend, IN, Louis Love serves as the pastor of New Life Fellowship Church, Waukegan, IL, which he planted in 1997. What began as a church plant built upon the expository preaching of the Word of God quickly blossomed into a heart-felt urgency to spread the truth of the historic teachings of the Reformation to the people of central Lake County. Before the church plant, he served as the pastor of New Hope Baptist Church and New Life Baptist Church. Joyfully married to Jamie for over forty years, they have three adult children and eleven grandchildren. In his spare time, Louis can be found reading and discussing Black History, bingeing some old TV series with Jamie, and, weather permitting, grilling for family and friends.
To see more of Louis’ story, see his chapter “The Doors of the Church are Opened!” in the book “Glory Road: The Journeys of Ten African Americans into Reformed Christianity” (Crossway, 2012).
Tony Carter, who was born and raised in Woodland Park, MI, serves as the Lead Pastor of East Point Church, in East Point, GA. Tony is married to his beloved Adriane Carter, and their marriage has borne the fruit of 5 wonderful children. Tony attended Atlanta Christian College and has received a Masters of Arts in Biblical Studies from Reformed Theological Seminary in Orlando, FL. Besides his pastoral and preaching responsibilities at East Point Church, he is a frequent conference speaker and guest lecturer.
Tony has written and/or edited several books, including:
- “Blood Work: How the Blood of Christ Accomplishes Our Salvation” (Reformation Trust, 2013).
- “Experiencing the Truth: Bringing the Reformation to the African-American Church” (Crossway, 2008).
- “On Being Black and Reformed: A New Perspective on the African-American Christian Experience” (P&R, 2003).